Thursday, March 20, 2008

Valerie's Reflection

Annual Training Camp 2008- Outwit, Outshine,Outlast

This training camp is a little different from the others. I'm no longer a train-EE, but now a "train-ER".

Basically, the girls were pretty on time this camp. We pitched the tents in an hour! thats like 3hours less than last year! Good job done to everyone! I'm really glad that most of the games planned were on task this camp and could be carried out although there was bad weather.

Through this camp, i really learnt alot. Many a times, leaders shouldn't just give a task to the juniors and then leave them on their own. We should "supervise" them, and even help them. I have to make sure that i know my stuff really well because my juniors are awaiting my instructions. Sentry duty was fun! Waking up the girls in the middle of the night and seeing them so sleepy and drunk. :)

Glad that my body could take me that far in this camp. I wasn't knocked out! We didnt do much punishment too... just 40+40 INVALID squats, and another 40 valid sqauts and 40 valid jumping jacks. we also couldn't do night walk this time round due to security reasons. another classic moment of the camp was the 4 leaders didnt bathe at all! :) all in all, the camp was a success and a million thanks to all leaders, seniors and of course all trainees and huixin for helping me in every way!

I'm sure all of you have outwitted and outshone in this camp.

Outlaster, Valerie :)

No comments: