Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hui Yee's Reflection

During this camp held at Camp Christine, I have learnt how to work together with my patrol members, be it when playing games or pitching a tent. Through the help of my patrol Energizer, I learnt valuable experience on co-operatiing and working together with one another. Also, I learnt how to cope whenever some of my patrol members are feeling stressed up and to perforn my duties better and faster. (e.g. health, cook and orderlies) I also learnt to appreciate and treasure my home even greater with all its comforts, including the toilet. New cheers (like the Trainee cheers etc) and new games (Ah gu, Yandao etc) were taught, and I enjoyed learning/ playing them.

This camp was unlike any other camp I had attended. This camp was the first camp which I went to with all my fellow Guides, and also it was the first time I had ever slept inside a tent before. Thus, it was very memorable, despite the heavy rain and numerous ants which wanted to dampen my mood... (no matter how hard we tried to kill the ants, the ants just kept coming...no matter how much we pray for the rain to stop, the rain just kept coming...)

The part of the camp which I liked most was the campfire. As the campfire only had us Anderson Clover Guides and graduated seniors, all of us knew the jokes and humour which we shared together, which other people would not have known. Example was Grace when she was the MC. Despite the heavy rain which led us to have an indoor campfire instead of an outdoor campfire, the campfire was still very fun, with all its usual zest in it. Sitting in a ring together with your fellow Guides and watching the performances or cheering, it is a very happy experience and which leaves behind beautiful memories.

The games played were fun, but some were a bit too digusting, like eating food which had dropped on the floor... The night game was fun, but perhaps less scary than what I expected. The flour game left my poncho filled with flour, including my face. Hence, I looked very comical...but then, it was very FUN! What with all the games and some 'physical training', by the end of the days/camp, I was exhausted.
~yawns~
Hence, without the support of my patrol members ~ QiJin, Styfany, Christine, Adlyn, Shi Hui and Siti ~ and all my other fellow Guides and seniors, I would not have such a meaningful time.

Thus... A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU who have made this camp possible and who helped/ taught me whenever you could!!!
Cheers!
Hui Yee
Oriole 2nd
Energizer
Anderson Clover Guides

No comments: