Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cheryl Low's Reflection

This is my second training camp in Camp Christine.
My patrol name is none other than: "i- scream!!" argh!....argh!... Let me show off for a while, my patrol got most ORGINAL CHEER award!!(: "We are not?""i-mac!" "We are not?""i-pod!""We are not?""i-gallop!" " But we are.....""i-screammm!!!!"

nice right? nice right? I know, thank you(: okay, the main point, my reflection!:D

Day One:
We pitched out tents in a horse shoe formation facing the flag pole. I think my patrol did it quite well. Although we had some confusions on pitching the tents, but in the end, we made it(: We also built 3 gadgets; clothes line, baggage rack& shoe rack. Our patrol leader, peixuan assigned different jobs. I was tasked to do shoe rack with huiling. It was quite exhausting as we have to squat under the flysheet of the tent and squeeze into the space between the flysheet and the tent. We didnt wear our ponchos because its very obstructing.

We also played disgusting but fun games. The most most memorable game was the one finding the gummy in the flour. I admit I just merely dipped my face into the pot of flour. and amazingly, only my nose has flour! hahaha, My laughter was put to an end my izzah! She saw my face not really dirtied with flour, she was holding onto a basin of flour, and just keep on smearing with flour, happily, until she was satisfied. Being a junior and she is a mdm, I dared not say or do anything, but to let her smear flour. Unluckily, I didnt bring my facial wash. I tell you ar, that facial wash very useful and good. It can really wash your face until very clean. yeah!(: Another disgusting game, which was with the flour, what a waste of flour! When blowing the ping pong ball, the flour went into my eye, wah, so irritating! got to keep on rub. Both our team and the opponent was SUPER aggressive! the ball keep on falling off the table. Until nafeeshah mdm (referee) have to keep on blowing the whistle.

The night game, scary. I was standing infront of my patrol! can you imagine like me? in front lehh. it was because I was wanted to try and overcome my fear of this type of things. The other stations was not really scary, only the one at the chalet was the scariest. I dare not even take the clue. Our whole patrol was very scared. We planned not to take the clue and just go off. But in the end, yiteng keep hitting the floor indicating us to go back. That was the scariest of all.

This year was different, everyone have to do C.O.H. at first, I didnt know what to say, but in the end guess what I said? I said that the FA kit was too bulky. Then huixin mdm asked me to sponsor A.guides in changing all hte FA kits into those nicer one and smaller one, which will cost a bomb! then they say I tai tai. aiya, i was speechless.

Day two:
The whether was quite bad actually. The fist activity was PT! we were ordered to run outside the campsite. We ran for very long. It was tiring and SUPER DUPER exhausting. It was very tiring because firstly, I do not have alot of stamina and a hate running. In the end I was at the back witht eh seniors. Nafeeshah mdm keep on asking me to faster, but i really cannot already, as a result I got split headache, I nearly fainted but thank GOD i didnt. We then played a game which involves searching the whole campsite.

We then proceeded to outdoor cooking. While I was about to start the fire, rain started pouring. Huixin mdm was helping me with putting the punks, kindlings and twigs. Maybe she got nothing to do? or maybe the leaders outdoor cooking pit have not been dug? it was so unlucky that the rain spoiled everything. Can see that she was very fed-up. But it was also her who helped us to have a mini outdoor cooking with the half cut metal oil barrel. Can say that she was very professional and knows what to do in conditions like these. If I will be very flustered up.

We then have the FA game. I am the FA of i-scream!

The most interesting part was the dinner. I hate cabage! although the cabage was nice, but eating alot was too much. we had the eat the cabage game, it was thanks izzah, that I had to eat 5 mouthfuls of cabbage. It was not the end of the cabbage game. After a few rounds, the cabbage stoped at christine, I instigated her to stop the cabbage at izzah. muahaha, I can take my revenge le. izzah mdm, also wanted to take revenge too, she stopped the cabbage at me!! argh... argh... like again? why me? I so skinny yet eat so much! my stomach going to explode! I had no choice but to eat mouthfuls of cabbage. Thank you christine, for helping eat the carrots, lighten my burden. Now its my turn to take revenge again!! my target was izzah again. But I was too busy eating the cabbages, I missed her. But in order not to wate time, I requested to pass the cabbage the opposite direction to go back to her. muahaha. the revenge was sucessful. yay!(:

Day three:
Actually there is nothing much, but there are some things though. Like the balloons! haha, guess what I wrote in the paper? my dream is to open a restaurant in orchard and have alot of buisness. I love food!(: (: and maybe can have catering services to camps like training camps in camp christine. haha. Qian ci got my balloon! and I got small siti's balloon.

In school, mama chong likes to ask us if we are clear of this topic and I at times, I wanted to say "yes mdm!" haha. This camp sure have affected us! I hate cabbages!

CREDITS:
Many thanks to peixuan, my PL. yunjin, my QM. Daxainee, my PS who is very brave in the night game & huiling, siti and jiamin for helping and guiding me throughout the whole camp. than you alot:D Lastly, the leaders, thanks for making this camp REALLY REALLY very memorable for me!<3

With Lots Of Love,
Cabbage lover,
Cheryl Low:)

No comments: