Friday, March 21, 2008

Qi Jin's Reflection

ANDERSON GIRL GUIDES ANNUAL TRAINING CAMP
CAMP CHRISTINE, 10 MAR – 12 MAR 2008
OUTWIT, OUTSHINE, OUTLAST!
GROUP 2: ENERGIZER!

This year’s camp was nice! For some reasons, we did not do a lot of punishments, probably due to the weather :D But we’ll still do it someday, anyway.

On the first day, we did tent pitching and gadgets, the basics. There was a bit of confusion here and there during tent pitching as everyone got everything mixed up, but luckily, there were many people to help us and guide us on the way, like the CLs and YAs. Thanks! :D Then during gadget making, there were not enough poles of the length needed as there was another school around, which made life difficult for us, but thankfully we had our brains, so we could improvise on the original designs. Although it was not as good in terms of stability, it was satisfactory and for my patrol, VERY creative, especially the clothes line. (:

Anyway, there were a lot of ants and mosquitoes, but it could not be helped, but it was still irritating. I think the ants were either trying to defend their territory, or they were trying to eat us. Horrible ants!

Not sidetracking, it was evening and I liked the dinner. And we had a very pleasant surprise – night game on the first night! YAY. But it was just too bad that Mas Selamat had gone loose and we could not have night walk on the second night, because I feel that having the night walk after the next day after the night game is much, much scarier. I love the night game!

NEXT DAY!
We played a lot of games requiring team work. Some were good, and some were uhh... not so good. Especially the one where we used our facial body parts and belly to transport bread, carrot and tomato slices and more. And we ate it up despite the many times it dropped onto the floor. Ahh its scary just to think about it.

But I liked the flour-soccer game! Although I could not take part due to skin conditions (SUPER BOO!) but it was fun just watching. And very soon after (or was it before?) we had outdoor cooking! BUT BUT BUT IT HAD TO RAIN!! BOOO~ The weather was a letdown to all of us and I suppose we were as gloomy as the skies. But our dearest Hui Xin ma’am was there to tend our indoor fire all the time, helping us cook our chickens, and keeping the fire going. It was super touching, and I’m really grateful for the things she did for us, and although she had to go to school she sacrificed lessons for us. As the saying goes, “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” A million thanks! And I know you love us. :D

AT NIGHT, CAMPFIRE! I was super high and emcee Grace was super cute! The patrol performances were also very entertaining, and a reason why I like camp Christine is because no matter how loud we scream, nobody can hear us, cos we’re so isolated! Anyway, many of the performances were related to Guides, I like!

LAST DAY BUT NOT LEAST!
We packed up and there was a bit of a drizzle, but with our ponchos we managed to clear up the gadget poles. We were fortunate as we did not need to keep our tents, another school didn’t mind using ours. Yay!

REFLECTION REFLECTIONS
This camp was a very memorable camp as I saw lots and heaps of sisterly love. And there was this part of the camp when the rain was heavy and Zhi Ling ma’am had to lower the Guides flag, and there was some delay because the flag could not come down properly, so Shamira ma’am went to help her, and in the end both ended up very wet. Very touching right? Lol, back to reflections. I am now closer to many of my sister Guides, and I want to thank all my patrol members for cooperating :D You people are great! Let me list you all out: Styfany, my dear PS, thanks for helping out when I was not around! ;) Christine, my dear FA. Thanks for cheering me up and giving me encouragement when I needed it most. And thanks for helping so much in the proposal. ^^ Adlyn, my dear QM. Your cheerfulness has added joy to our patrol and you never said no when assigned jobs. Thanks for being cute too! :D Hui Yee, best camper! So proud of you, thanks for taking initiative in many things and helping out so much! Shi Hui, thanks for your many many great ideas and also, you’re initiative too! Siti, thanks for being so enthusiastic! Much enthusiastic compared to normal days. Thanks for supporting me :)

THANK YOU TO MY DEAR PATROL, I LOVE YOU ALL :D
AND I LOVE OUTWIT OUTSHINE OUTLAST MUAHHH! <33

Qi Jin

No comments: