Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Grace's Reflection

Camp reflection!!!
Hello! This is grace here~

Ok shall start off with the first day. Start off by loading stuff on to the bus, which I think was done quite effective this year. It was a lot faster than last year to me, thus I conclude that human chain is not a very choice. Arrived at camp Christine, unload stuff from bus and started with tent pitching! I was quite worried about this before the camp, but luckily we did it quite successfully! After that was gadgets making. And we had problem with the poles because there wasn’t enough 72" and 48", thus we have to modify our gadget designs and using only 36" poles! Yup so we had to tie 2 36" together and use it as 72" and stuff like that. And by doing that we wasted a lot time. But in the end we manage to find some 72" poles! Yay! Then we had our elevenses!! ( I was starving) yup then continued with gadget making. Then had lunch. I love styrofoam boxes! xD after that we had games. And we had to play games in pocho, like last year but nevertheless we still had a lot of fun! Dipping our faces in flour and stuff like that. But playing in the rain is so romantic! xD and then was the ping pong ball game, everybody was crazy over that orange round ball, desperately trying to blow it away from our own goal.;D yep and then comes the most unexpected game – the sandwich game!!! I thought the leaders were just kidding when they said that we must eat up that miserable sandwich which came in such a close body contact with us, as well as the floor. It turns out that I was wrong! And due to my sunburn my whole face was like peeling, especially my forehead, thus my patrol members have the honor of eating my dead skin! xDDD sorry guys! But the games really bond us together. ;) And then was the watermelon game, turning our teeth and lips blue~ and then we did cook’s duty, beehoon! And about the food colouring drink right, you can’t blame us! Cause it was like in the cordial bottle and the colour was so similar!! And the reason for having the smell but not the taste is because there was still a bit of drink in the dispenser before we added the food colouring. Then COH, it was fun to have everyone involve so we can reflect upon what happened earlier. And then comes my nightmare, night game!!! It was so unexpected, and due to last year experience, I was totally freaking out before the game. And I cried at the first station,haha. Yup thank you everybody who gave me encourages during the game and sorry for making all of you worried and sort of pulling all of you back when you wanted to investigate more about the station. Sorry! But the greenbean soup sort of calm me down after the game :D

Day 2~ woke up and did PT! I think running in the morning at such a peaceful place is cool,and I seriously think that we should train more, haha. Then had breakfast, which I think that the servings can be increase by a little. =) and the amazing race game was great although I think that

We could improve on our teamwork a little. And the clue about Nafeeshah was so~~ haha who would have thought of it! xD yep and then when to chop firewood. I should really take note of my safety precaution in the future. Yes point taken! And the rain really really came at the wrong time. Just as we manage to get our fire burning, it started to pour! I was actually looking forward to outdoor cooking. So we had to move all our food into the lodge and clear all the rubbish left there. But it was really great to see everyone working together in time of ‘crisis’ (the rain). Everybody was like dashing to close tent door, save the food, clear the rubbish… a big thank you to huixin ma’am, huiying ma’am and the seniors for withstanding the heat from the fire pit for so long just for us to cook our food!! And apart from the egg the rest of our food turn out well! Clear up and had the FA game! It was really a great time to refresh my memory on first aid stuff and I am glad that I manage to remember them! But I still need to brush up a bit. I was amaze that I could carry Samantha! xD yep and our teamwork and trust for each other is build on during the game. :) Then was the entertaining-the-seniors-game and water bomb!! And then we change into our camp tee and get ready for campfire! Peijun, cheryl lim and I were super nervous despite the great dinner we had. And the pass-around-the-food-game was really a great way to finish the left over food. Yup and then was the campfire!!! It was really different being the emcee and thanks everyone for being so high! It really help us (the emcees) a lot! And I hope all of you enjoy the campfire despite me the boring emcee. J and the games we played after that were really interesting! A-go~ sentry duty in the middle of the night.

Day 3! My patrol overslept! Thanks peixuan for waking us up! Did patrol duty. ziying and me were suppose to wash the toilet. Thank you Valerie ma’am for helping us! But I still don’t understand why you think that washing toilet is fun. But the sense of satisfactory after seeing the toilet so clean was great. J Clean the poles and then reveal our manitoes! Cheryl lim’s manito is me! And mine is daxaniie! then had guides’ own, yep to reflect upon our good and bad points. And O3 won the most entertaining cheer!! Yeah! Pack up and off back to home sweet home!
The camp was really a fruitful one cause this time being sec3, we don’t have seniors in our patrol to rely on and thus we must settle everything ourselves. This really trains my level of preparedness, teamwork and also bond each of us together. There might be times when we are tired, fed up and stuff like that but at the end of the day, it is really all these that makes us grow and mature together. To all my patrol members, it was really super great to be in O3 and have all you in the patrol! O3 rocks! xDD And a super big thank you for the leaders for planning and running this camp!! =)))

No comments: