Thursday, March 20, 2008

Charlene's Reflection

Anderson Clover Guides,
Annual Training Camp,
10 March 2008- 12 March 2008
CHARLENE’S REFLECTION, O-RANGERS

It was my FIRST training camp and it won’t be my LAST. On the first day, it was still okay, but it was a bit unorganised when we were loading and unloading the stuff onto and out from the bus. After that, guides in training began!!!

First it was tent pitching. Actually, there was a schedule for us to follow on whom to do what for tent pitching but all of us did not bother to follow as we were short of time. However, we still managed to finish pitching the tent on time. Then, it was gadget making. It was also okay but the poles sized of what to use, as we had to change some of the pole sizes, confused us. The rest of the day of Day 1 camp was games that brought our patrol closer to one another. On the whole, the games were very interesting and fun. I enjoyed it tremendously. Night game…I cried the whole journey, as I was super scared, but the storyline was actually quite nice. On the whole, day 1 of training camp was fun but I thought we would do LOTS of punishment instead of playing games.

We did PT and punishment and played more games but it was not as fun as the Day 1. However, the white game was fun and I enjoyed it very much. Sad to say, the outdoor cooking was RUINED BY THE RAIN but the food was still as tasty especially the chicken! Campfire was nice; the emcees were ‘high’. Our performance went smoothly and I enjoyed the other patrols’ performance too! The games that Huixin ma’am taught us after that was also very fun and engaging and I laughed myself out. On the whole, day 2 of training camp was still okay for me but it was a bit tiring.

We were supposed to report at 6.45pm but some patrols overslept thus we had to do punishment. But I don’t think entirely is their fault because I too would have overslept as I would be very tired. During the taking out of gadget poles, my patrol was very rush; as we had to transport the charcoal wood, take out the gadgets from the kitchen shelter and our own tents! We did not have enough time to do so as the twines were wet and therefore difficult to untie the knots. But soon tiring times were all over. It was HOME SWEET HOME!

I feel that this whole training camp was is a success and is quite well planned and I enjoyed myself very much. THANK YOU SENIORS FOR YOUR HARDWORK!

No comments: