Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kellyn's Camp Reflection

This year's training camp was very tiring but I enjoyed it more than Iexpected. :)The food this year was also more enjoyable than last years.Its definitely much better than the charred rice.Nightwalk was also more interesting than last year. It wasnt just a singledark path but a more challenging one with slopes and drains. Trains courageand teamwork to walk together.Outdoor cooking,initiative games and nightgame was the best part of camp!It really sharpens our skills and forge strong bonds within our patrols.Th madams were also very thoughtful to have thought of the PGA people andfuture PGA guides to keep some pung/ks kindlings and twigs in case we didnthave time to collect by then.

Although most of my patrol members backed out of the nightgame ans I joinedS-cubed, it was still very fun. the parents room and the toilet was thescariest! All of us screamed and I nearly cried.thinking back now its really quite hilarious. There are seniors stationed atevery stop but the screaming part just couldnt be helped.Through this game, I realise the we need everyone to be present to supportand give moral support to each other. Without other fellow guides, I wouldnthave the courage to even walk alone in the dark not to mention going intothe room alone.

We had a hearty breakfast the last day and we managedf to strike the tentsin an hour. I was a bit reluctant to stay back at first but styaing backwasnt so much bad either. At least i knew that I had gave in my hundredpercent at the end of the day and would 'guiltless sleep tonight'.

First of all I would like to apologise to my patrol members, VENTURAZ. I doget frustrated easily and Im really sorry if I ever lost my temper at anytime. Im just too eager to finiish everything that I would forget toconsider your feelings at times.But we really rock esp during the tofu andwaterbomb game!

A big thank you to the Guiders,YAs and seniors for putting in so much effortinto planning this whole camp. the 40 pages proposal was really a shock.. Ididnt know its took so much just to preapre a nightgame. You all didnt putus though intense PT and punihsment even though we were very behind ourschedule.

THANK YOU.

Venture for challenge! Believe me when I say I can do it! - A.guides

Kellyn Wong

1 comment:

andguides said...

Dear Kellyn,
thank you for your prompt reflection despite how tired you were. YOU ARE THE FIRST! i'm so proud of you. i havent even pen down mine. i'm really glad you enjoyed the camp. thank your leaders for the good planning and your QM for the nice food. :) and here i thank you for making this camp possible. i could see all your effort in being a good sport in the games. and if you didnt know, i really appreciate your enthusiasm although your patrol was the quieter one. the way you cheered them on and took over jing qiu and ting zhi when they werent feelin well. and i'm glad that you overcome your fear and took on the night game in good spirit. now you have got somethin to laugh. how silly you girls have been. cus' afterall, they are just your seniors. now you have really survived the camp, and had a guiltless sleep last night. i hope you have also learn to appreciate the many small things in life after this camp. the comfort of home that you have always taken granted for. good luck for your pioneer test! now i look forward to a even better campfire of YOURS! enjoy the last bit of holiday.

yours in guiding,
huixin