Monday, March 26, 2007

Jing Qiu's reflection

This year's training camp was slacker than last year's training camp. I thought it would be alot more tougher. I think it was because of the weather, kept raining cats and dogs, elephants and donkeys, during the camp.But it was fun and i had alot of scars from camp, but i don't know why.

Day1:I thought i was very late already when i reached school but there were people later than me. On the bus trip I didn't do a good job lifting up the spirits of my patrol members. Tent pitching was a lesson for everyone: Must remember to take pacing of 15 steps before doing anything. We (VP,Believables and Venturaz) had a hard time pitching our tents as our tents were too close together. Then we had to move and move and move, thus took along time before the tent were up and the tent was saggy. The food this year was alot nicer than last year's food. No carbonated rice. Then was gadget making. We took a long time before we got it done. Then was games in the rain. After dinner was nightwalk, and i didn't join. I missed out in lots ofgreat stuffs ): and that includes nightwalk, night game, campfire, pt,punishment and sleeping in the tent. Sad. I feel very bad for joining in alot of activities with my patrol. Sorry. I will build up my physical body and immune system.

Day2:Participated in most of the activities except the last 2 which is the most fun ones ): Had outdoor cooking and i believe everyone enjoyed the food that they cooked themselves. Had fun preparing the food and blowing the fire although i ate some soot (: The chicken came out very nicely done. I want to thank all the seniors who helped us with the outdoor cooking. Then was wet game. Halfway through the games, there were loud thunder and all of us had to go into the lodge. We were suppose to rolled down tent walls and take in towels.... And we did that very fast(efficient!) In the lodge, we played some games. Then when the sky was clear again, we went outside to play wet games again. All of us had fun playing. I was soaked from head to toe after that and was shivering. Ziying was also very cold but couldn't go change 1st. Then was dinner and after that was patrol duty. Then it was campfire and during that i wasnt feeling very well but i still tried my best to joinin. Every patrol put up a good show for their own item for the campfire (:Then was night game. So many people back out ): Valerie and I want to join.I wanted to challenge myself, but no chance to do it ):

Day3:Was suppose to clear up and to strike tent. My patrol was suppose to wash the toilets. I think we had fun washing the toilet (: Then the sec3s had to stay back to strike tent but actually everyone helped out as the bus wasn't here yet. Then valerie and i left together with the sec2s cause mrs ong want us to go home 1st. But in the end we waited for the other sec3s to come back to take group photo (:This year's camp was great and the seniors really did a great job although many activities weren't carried out. I really hope we wonld learn from our mistakes and for the next camp , do better.
Rawk on everyone (:

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY "I CAN DO IT"
jingqiu

No comments: