Saturday, November 21, 2009

Umairah's Campfire Reflection

Campfire reflection 2009:bon voyage

This year my patrol did fire and I was not very sure of what to do as I had never been involved in the fire commitee before. We did the decorations for the hall and the fire that was to be in the centre of the hall.Though the process was long and tedious, I very much enjoyed the fruit of our labour, which was the campfire itself. However my patrol and I spent more time on the decorations than the fire as we did not really know what to do.The preparation of the decorations was a bit difficult as well as some of the items had to be coloured before hand and some of the cardboard was hard to cut.We also had to ensure we did not end up cutting the decorations in half or spoil them. As for the fire, I had a mistake of buying the wrong shade of brown and had to paint the item over again. Deciding where to put up the decorations was also a bit of a confusion as some of the decorations could simply not stay in place and the position of the decorations was also changed from twice.
However, though I went through all this, I was glad that I had a patrol members that I could count on. I really enjoyed the campfire and learnt a few things along the way as well such as teamwork as well as self initiative. I learnt that it was important to work together so as to finish a task quickly. As for self initiative, I learnt that we should help one another if we ourselves have nothing to do.
Overall I think I have learnt much from this campfire and I really look forward to next years campfire!
Umairah
Oriole 1st

No comments: