Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shi Hui's Campfire Reflection

Aguides Campfire2009: Bon Voyage


Campfire 2009 has just ended. This year’s theme: Bon Voyage, means the desire to take everyone that comes to the campfire to travel around the world with us. Our emcee this year is Cheryl and Junisha. An applause to them on a job well done.

My patrol, Mynah 1st, was given the committee of Gateway, along with Bixia’s patrol, Oriole 2nd. This was the first time that we were working as 2 different patrols, and the experience was new. We had a hard time deciding on the design of the banner, but we chose the cute one that Bixia drew. The one with the bean. The whole result came out nicer than I imagined, and the credit goes to the designer, BIXIA!!! (Bixia, I love you)

Our gateway was done with collaboration with the scouts from RI01. Our gateway was a cool one, with a ‘swinging’ platform. It was done in less than 4 hours, but the scouts had to make a second trip back, and we really must thank the RI01 scouts for coming to help, although they weren’t able to stay back for the whole campfire.

Through this campfire, I now understand how it is to lead a patrol to do a big job. I was really fortunate to have the help of Mynah 1st, Oriole 2nd and Bixia with me to complete this job. Thanks to BIxia, members of Oriole 2nd, and my patrol members: Shanice, Kay Jan, Jia Hui, Ying Rong, Jia Min. Thanks for the enjoyable memory on my last campfire.

No comments: