Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grace Png's Campfire Reflection

This year's campfire was the first campfire I attended and the first campfire I've actually prepared for! xD
I think all the hard work and preparing for the three++ days paid off because it was really fun.
I can't really compare because I haven't been to many campfires.

My patrol was in charge of the structure and I think we did quite a good job because the names of the schools were clearly labeled and tied up!
I was quite angry when some of the schools untied the poles and carried them, but it was nice seeing them so enthusiastic.

Actually, I was really happy seeing scouts and guides from other schools coming to our school for the campfire and enjoying themselves so much (especially catholic high xD).
I think almost everything went as planned and it was nice of the band to sing huiling ma'am a birthday song!

The Sec2 dance was fun although we were all so nervous before the performance. When I was on stage, I wasn't nervous at all! and even if I made a mistake, no one would have noticed because everyone was like one big family (so cheesy).
The Sec3 dance was really good (Y).

Oh, we got our guides tee which is super nice right before the campfire too!

All in all, I think everything was successful and I felt really happy after everything was finished.
Even the preparation was fun actually. I felt like I was bonding more with the people in my patrol during that time. :D

Next year's campfire will be harder because the current sec2s would be in charge, but I hope it will be successful too!

No comments: