Monday, August 20, 2007

CAMPFIRE 2007 - Joie De Vivre :D

My patrol, Mynah 1st is doing Reception and Refreshment (R&R). We are supposed to do the invitations to the schools (guides and scouts). We are also supposed to do up a reception table and refreshments. So, we have to buy the stuffs.


Therefore, we started to do the necessary preparations during the June holidays. We met on a Wednesday to buy the stuffs for the reception table, which includes cloths, sequins or beads, fabric markers and feathers for the guest book. After buying all the required materials, we went back to school to start doing the reception table. Everything went well so far.


However, when it came to making the invitation cards, we were all so stressed out, as we had to wait for the paint to dry before we could do anything else. Also, we ran out of cardboard and it was difficult to cut them, as they were quite thick! Nevertheless, we all managed to survive this obstacle. The making of the guest book was quite easy, as we just had to paste the feathers for the butterfly and slot in the cloth for the guides and scouts to sign on. We had a great and fun time plucking the feathers out from the feather duster!


The rest of the preparation for the reception table went quite smoothly and I think everyone in my patrol did a great job! (:


On the day of the campfire, we started to prepare the food bought the day before. But sad to say, I did not go with my patrol members to buy the food, as I was very sick that day. I feel that one mistake made was that the fish balls were supposed to be boiled and not fried, as it would be much faster that way. However, I think it was worth the efforts as I heard the guides and scouts wanting for more fish balls! The fish balls must have been delicious!


We made sandwiches too. But they were not properly applied and thus we had to do a second time of applying the bread. This definitely wasted much time. In the first place, we should have done a proper and good job so that we do not have to do it a second time. We have learnt our lessons though.


To conclude, I think everyone in the unit had done a great job for the campfire preparations and to make the campfire a SUCCESS, we all had put in a lot of efforts and no matter how much failures we had along the way, I think as long as we have the determination, we can preserve through all difficulties. And though I didn’t get to watch the campfire, according to my fellow guides sisters, the campfire was truly memorable! :]

Charlene, Mynah 1st

No comments: