Monday, August 20, 2007

CAMPFIRE 2007 - Joie De Vivre :D

Anderson Clover Guides Annual Campfire 2007 JOIE DE VIRVE

Huiling’s 1st campfire ever had – Joy Of Life, or Joie De Virve. It was a fun and thrilling experience for me; the lights, the atmosphere, the dance items and many more.

Although it rained on that day, my spirits were not dampened due to theenthusiasm of Anderson Clover Guides. We had our campfire in the hall. Thepreparations were done in rush…but, the results were just so wonderful! (: Time flew very fast that day and it finally reached 7pm… Campfire startedburning. Anderson Clover Guides, we were just so “high” that night.Everything was so fun…everything went smoothly. Sadly, other sister guides and brother scouts weren’t as enthusiastic as us. I thought that maybe itwas because of the rain. I really hope that next year’s campfire could bedone in the open. This will probably lift up the spirits of the other guidesand scouts. One thing I do not like about this campfire was that themicrophone was too soft. I was standing at the Andersonians contingent andcould hardly hear what the Emcees are saying. ): I hope the microphone volume could be louder, not a bit but a lot.

Before all the fun came the hard work… Kingfisher 2nd did souvenirs thisyear. Our proposal was rejected continuously and finally accepted. Althoughit was accepted, the making of it wasn’t that simple. We tried a lot of waysand the end product was appealing to some people but not that appealing tome. I don’t know why but I just hope to improve it in some ways or theother. “time is of the essence” this phrase, I will never forget. We had little time to complete the souvenirs, and the materials constantly weren’tenough. We rushed to the day itself…I must really comment that without JiaHui’s determination, our souvenirs will not be as nice as it is seen.

From this campfire, I learnt that teamwork is really very important. Andwhen there’s a will, there’s a way. Anderson Clover Guides Rocks! Kingfisher2nd is the best! :D

Hui Ling, Kingfisher 2nd

No comments: