Monday, April 02, 2007

Chuyun's Reflection

This year’s training camp was a memorable one, it is very tiring even before the camp but I still enjoyed it very much. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience from this camp.

On the way to camp Christine, it was unusually quiet on the bus, maybe everyone was too excited last night that they did have enough sleep. My patrol made use of the time to practice our cheer (quietly) and fine tune our campfire item. The sec3 also shared with the sec2 about last year’ s training camp. Basically we told them “funny things” and “funny stories ”, like the old granny…the sec2s were so scared especially Yujia. When we reached camp Christine, we unloaded the stuff and have our camp introduction. Then we started to pitch our tent. We moved our tent three times so I learned that pacing before pitching the tent is very important. After tent pitching we have our lunch, follow by gadget making. Some of my patrol members were not feeling well, they were not used to work constantly under the hot sun. Then the rain came, which spare us from the hot sun but made it inconvenient to make our gadgets, especially the clothes line. We were having difficulties with the clothes line because nobody is tall enough to knock in the pole. All thanks to Jingqiu’s patrol who lend us a helping hand. Then we had our game in the rain, it was fun! We were told to sit on each other’s leg and form a circle. After the game, our patrol have to do out duty, we were the cook for the day. We had noodle for dinner, it was not easy to cook such big pot of noodle for so many people. But the noodle turned out to taste quite good. I still wonder if we had added any salt that day. It is such a pity that we could not cook in the kitchen shelter because of the rain. During dinner I was quite worry for my patrol, the girls don’t seems to feel well, after the sun, the rain and the wet shirt they were wearing. After dinner, we had our night walk. My patrol was the first to go. It was not scary at all. The sky was full of stars… we actually saw stars in Singapore! We walked a long way before we had our solo walk. I was the second to walk back after zhiyan mdm. When we were back we had our supper, green bean soup, then we went to sleep after our bath. I only slept for about 3 hours, I was suppose to wake all my patrol members up. I was so worry that I would overslept that I would not fall asleep, I could still heard the leaders’ laughter at midnight.

We woke up at about 5 something the next day to have our pt and punishment. Then we had our first breakfast in camp, after which we had our outdoor cooking. My patrol came out with this creative menu this year. We made a pie with pizza filling, so it is basically a folded pizza that need not cook with a cookie tin. It was my first time cooking this dish and I mess it up. Although my patrol members said that it tasted good but personally, I think it look awful, so different from what I made at home. Our chicken’s name is ‘ chicken runaway’. It had funny leg positioning. After outdoor cooking we had our wet game. Then the storm came, we had to stop our game and went indoor. In the lodge we finally could eat our chicken. I wonder is it my patrol was too rough or chunling’s patrol was too gentle. After we finish the chicken, what was left was a pile of bones. You won’t be able to tell whether it was a chicken or it was a duck, but chunling’s patrol was able to eat the meat and leaving the bone in tact. As in the whole skeleton was there and you use it to study the bone structure of a chicken during bio lesson. After the storm had stopped, we continue with our wet game. Then we were given time to bathe and change into our camp-t, after dinner we have our campfire. Every patrol put up a very good show. The most exciting part of the day was the night game. I am very very very proud to say that my patrol did not scream until the last station. Actually the screaming, was after the night game when all the girls had let their guard down. Jieling mdm, congratulation, you were the one and only one that made my patrol scream throughout the night game. Then we have our green bean soup, and coh before we went back to our tent.

The last day of the camp we woke up at 5.20 to hand up the ground sheet and get prepare for the day. We had our breakfast, did our patrol duty then we took down our gadgets. We could not take down the tent, as they were wet so we had our prize presentation first. We won the most efficient patrol this year. Later the sec3s strike the tent while the sec2s load the stuff on the bus. We wrote some reflection while we were waiting for the bus. I was exhausted, I fall asleep quickly on the bus. When I woke up, I was back in school.

Thank you very much to the seniors who planed this camp for us. Thanks Qiao yin, I was so blur, I msg the wrong person for the whole week and yet qiaoyin was able to turn up for our meeting and help us with the preparation. Thank you for helping me when my blisters hurt so much that I would not walk. You are the one who help me to the toilet and back to the tent. Thank you Nafeeshah, you helped me so much in the camp, you are always so efficient and you taught me a lot. Thank you Manisha. Thank you for helping me to edit my proposal and do up the flag. You also helped me a lot during the camp. Thank you Qi jin, you are always so cooperative and your script for the campfire item is not funny, a bit pity that we would not use your pig nose, the prop that you prepare. Thank you Samatha, you are always so cheerful, cheering us when we felt tired or homesick. Thank you Yujia, you always give me your support and tried your best in everything you do. Do not blame yourself for not joining the night game, I know you were not feeling well since the first day but you still preserve and hang on. You did very well. (btw, yujia look cute in poncho, if anyone had taken pic of yujia in poncho please sent me, thanks) Lastly, I want to thank Lirong, Jieling, Saradha mdm and chunling for helping to treat my wound.

I learned a lot from this camp and I also learned that it is not easy to be a leader. This camp is really an experience that I would remember. Thank you everyone who helped me. It is a wonderful experience!

chuyun

No comments: