Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Anna's Reflection

Aguides Annual Training Camp this year was yet another memorable experience. The rain was rather disheartening as many of the plans were cancelled but on the whole we have a good time none the less. But after the whole camp I realised, walking around with soaking shoes for three days, no matter how horrid the feeling, was just another thing to add on to the whole experience. The night game was scary! Especially Shamira Ma’am and Zhiling ma'am’s station. Very unexpected. I swear I will never look at a cat the same way again. But looking back at the overall experience, I would not have changed anything one bit. Except maybe the sleeping hours. However, I think that was partially our fault because we dragged alot. On the second day we only managed 2 hours of sleep so for most of us were walking zombies on the last day and pretty much dozing off during COH. I’m sorry about that. I think among all my patrol members, I was the deepest sleeper as while all of them were waking up and falling asleep at different hours of the night. I slept like a rock. I kind of regret missing out on the Sec Three Adventure Camp which clashed with our training camp. But in the end, guides will always come first :D I felt in a sort of daze from the second day onwards during the outdoor cooking. And maybe it sort of helps in a sense that you dont keep thinking about all the negative aspects such as the uncomfort of pruny feet whereas more on the task ahead and competing it. So it was just one great experience. And I am so grateful to my patrol members! They were so very helpful and hardworking throughout the camp.

Anna

No comments: